Click here for Pulp & Paper Radio International
The Paperitalo Library
Free Downloads
My Profile
JD Irving Plans To Hire 7,500 People In The Next Three Years

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada 29 January 2019 -- (News release) -- Over the next three years, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) is forecasting 7500 full time hires as well as over 2500 student hires across the company's diverse operations in Canada and the U.S.

"When we look at our three-year forecast from 2019-2021, 89% of the jobs we need to fill are in the Atlantic provinces," said Colleen Baxter, Vice President of Human Resources at J.D. Irving, Limited. "72% of the jobs are in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia alone."

"We are a company focused on investing in the talent and potential of our people and offer a unique opportunity to join one operation and grow a career with many of our businesses," Baxter says. "Our strategy is to keep talented young people home, bring them home and to welcome newcomers."

Across the organization, the areas with the highest number of job opportunities include Operations, Shipping, Supply & Logistics, Retail Sales, and Finance.

The three-year forecast is a result of anticipated retirements, business growth, and normal workforce turnover.

Over the next three years, JDI forecasts hiring over 700 skilled trades across all divisions. 93% of these skilled trades jobs are in Atlantic Canada. The remaining 7% are in Canada (Ontario and Quebec) and the United States (Maine, New York and Georgia).


Onlypulpandpaperjobs.com has taken off like a rocket! Over twenty jobs are posted, in many interesting categories. Those jobs are in at least ten different US states. (02-01-19)


Employers are on board with onlypulpandpaperjobs.com. There are twenty plus employers located in ten different US states and two other countries. (02-01-19)


Are you struggling to fill Maintenance Technician roles?


Related Articles:

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: