SPOKANE, Wash. (News release) -- PotlatchDeltic Corporation released its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report. The Report reflects PotlatchDeltic's commitment to environmental stewardship, the human experience, supporting its communities, and creating sustainable value.
"We are focused on building sustainable shareholder value, and we recognize that objective is inextricably linked to making a positive impact for all of our stakeholders and it recognizes that healthy forests are important to the health of our planet," said Eric Cremers, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We are committed to transparency and to contributing to sustainable economic development through our approach to ESG and our response to climate risks and opportunities," stated Mr. Cremers.
PotlatchDeltic's 2021 ESG highlights include:
- Removed and stored 4.9 million metric tons of CO2e (Scope 1 and 3) with greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 1-3) of 2.6 million metric tons of CO2e
- Planted 23 million seedlings, protected 5,100 miles of rivers and streams, and third-party certified 100% of our forestry practices and wood products procurement
- Achieved an outstanding safety performance with record-low injury severity rate
- Expanded Board diversity, added employee benefits, and provided enhanced diversity data
- Further embedded ESG by including ESG in managers' individual 2022 performance goals and through the establishment of Climate and Carbon teams
- Continued to work on climate-related policy initiatives surrounding forests and wood products
- Grew our ESG team and elevated ESG through the creation of a Chief ESG Officer position
PotlatchDeltic continues to report ESG informed by or referencing frameworks such as the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). The Report can be found in the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.potlatchdeltic.com.