Orangeburg, South Carolina, USA 04 April 2018 -- (From news reports) -- Universal Forest Products will invest $6.1 million to open a new manufacturing facility in Orangeburg County, SC. Operating as UFP Cameron, LLC, the provider of wood and wood-related products is projected to create more than 120 new jobs over the next several years.
"We are excited about this opportunity, which has been made possible, in large part, through the assistance and cooperation of the South Carolina Department of Commerce and the Orangeburg County Development Commission," said Universal Forest Products Regional Vice President J.F. Granger.
UFP Cameron, LLC will be located in Cameron, SC and is expected to come online in the fourth quarter of 2018. The facility will be dedicated to manufacturing products for the industrial market.
Its parent company, Universal Forest Products, Inc., is a nearly $4 billion public company that was founded in 1955 and supplies the retail, industrial and construction markets. The firm has approximately 130 facilities in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
"As we continue to work to make South Carolina the best place to do business, we are encouraged by global companies like Universal Forest Products that choose to come here," said Gov. Henry McMaster. "We're grateful for this new partnership and look forward to strengthening it in the years to come."
"Manufacturing continues to be a source of wealth creation throughout our state," said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt. "Universal Forest Products' investment adds to South Carolina's manufacturing portfolio, and I'm excited to see what the future has in store for this new partnership."
South Carolina's Coordinating Council for Economic Development has approved job development credits related to the expansion project. Additionally, a $500,000 Rural Infrastructure Fund grant was also awarded to Orangeburg County to assist with the costs of building improvements.
"On behalf of the Orangeburg County Council, we welcome Universal Forest Products to our community," said Orangeburg County Council Chairman Johnnie Wright Sr. "As the nation's leading manufacturer and distributor of wood and wood-alternative products, we are grateful to be part of UFP's continued success. We also want to thank Santee Cooper and Tri-County Electric for their vision in helping us establish a speculative building program at Matthews Industrial Park."
"We congratulate Universal Forest Products on today's announcement and thank the company for its decision to expand into Orangeburg County," said Central S.C. Alliance Chairman Mike Brenan. "Universal Forest Products' investment is another valuable addition to the thriving wood and paper manufacturing industry within the region."
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.