Heidenheim, Germany 09 April 2018 -- Grupo Gondi has entered into a contract with Voith to supply a new paper machine with an annual production capacity of 400,000 metric tons. The new paper machine will be located in a facility in Monterrey in Northern Mexico. Voith will supply the complete BlueLine stock preparation and XcelLine paper machine from wet end process to winder, which should minimize the number of interfaces for the customer and maximize the operating efficiency of the project.
From early 2020, the new state-of-the-art PM 7 will operate at the new Papel y Empaques Monterrey (PEM) plant. The machine will have a working width of 6,660 mm at the reel and a design speed of 1,200 m/min to produce testliner and corrugated medium with basis weights in the range of 90 to 250 g/m2.
"With the new paper machine, Grupo Gondi will strengthen its position in the Mexican market for high-performance light weight recycled containerboard. It will also enhance our integration levels since our converting capacity has risen in recent years as we have expanded converting plants and grown through acquisitions. Voith will supply an extended scope of services, including the stock preparation, the paper machine, supporting sub systems and automation. Voith's ability to deliver an advanced, full-line, state-of-the-art system was very important to us and we continue to work closely with our partners at WestRock in connection with project planning and execution," states Eduardo Posada, CEO at Grupo Gondi.
The XcelLine paper machine offers a range of special technical features that both improve the quality of the finished paper and reduce energy consumption. The scope of supply also includes a Tandem NipcoFlex Press, a TopFormer F, and an EcoCal calender. Moreover, the PM 7 will be equipped with a VariFlex NG winder with an operational speed of 2,500 m/min, with MCS, DCS and QCS completing Voith's scope of delivery. Voith will supply the project with an extended scope, including detailed engineering for process, automation and electrical engineering.
In addition to the paper machine and the BlueLine stock preparation system, MERI, a Voith company, will supply the major sub-systems - material handling, internal water treatment, sludge handling, and reject handling. These systems are designed to lower operating costs while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
About Grupo Gondi
Grupo Gondi is a leading paper packaging company in Mexico, strongly committed to its consumers, collaborators, investors, the environment and Mexico - where, over the past 65 years it has positioned itself as one of the major players in the paper and packaging industry. WestRock Company, a multinational provider of paper and packaging solutions for consumer and corrugated packaging markets, is a minority shareholder of Grupo Gondi.
Grupo Gondi is composed of 14 companies and a labor force of more than 7,500 employees. Thanks to our multi-plant approach the company offers integral packing and packaging solutions, specializing in the production of recycled paper, corrugated cardboard boxes, pre-printed corrugated boxes and solid fiber containers, folding containers, micro-corrugated and digital cardboard boxes as well as services that support the manufacture of these products.
Grupo Gondi relies on certified processes, international standards which allow the company to offer high-quality products and services on the market, based on a vertical integration that comprises the manufacture of paper from 100% recycled fibers as well as the creation of consumables and tools that contribute to the manufacture of the final product. In addition, Grupo Gondi exports packaging products indirectly to over 189 countries, having presence in the five continents.
Voith Paper is a Group Division of Voith and the leading partner and pioneer in the paper industry. Through constant innovations, Voith Paper is optimizing the paper manufacturing process, focusing on developing resource-conserving products to reduce the use of energy, water and fibers. Furthermore, Voith Paper offers a broad service portfolio for all sections of the paper manufacturing process.
Voith is a global technology group. With its wide range of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets for energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, Voith today has more than 19,000 employees and earns 4.2 billion euros in sales. It has locations in over 60 countries and is one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.