Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada 31 March 2014 -- E&I Engineering of Fredericton, NB has been awarded a 12 month contract valued at $1.2 million as part of the Irving Pulp & Paper modernization that was announced in Saint John on March 13, 2014.
E& I Engineering will supply the design engineering services for the electrical scope of the project as well as the related construction packages for contractors that will complete the electrical work.
“The Irving pulp mill in Saint John has been a longstanding customer of our company. We are delighted with this new contract which is the largest in our history,” said Ian Burgess, P.Eng., Senior Engineering Partner of E&I Engineering. This contract clearly demonstrates the impact a big project like this has on local small enterprises like ours. As a result of this new work we have added 2 new employees – 1 engineer and 1 technician – to our 7 person team.”
About E&I Engineering:
Based in Fredericton, E & I Engineering Ltd. was incorporated in 1997 with the purpose of providing competitive, quality engineering services for heavy industry in the electrical and instrumentation fields. We bring to the industry over 70 years of experience in design, construction and commissioning. With this experience comes the ability to provide engineering services for a variety of projects in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
Recent projects include
• Cavendish Farms Fryer Upgrade
• Atlantic Wallboard Rock Crushing
• Island Gas Compressed Natural Gas Mother Station
• Cavendish Farms Compressed Natural Gas Daughter Station
• Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro Hydrogen System Upgrade
• Lake Utopia Paper Molten Sulphur Burner Upgrade
• Mount Pleasant Mines Re-development AFE Study
• Xstrata Brunswick Mine – Standby Power Generator
• Irving Pulp and Paper White Liquor Storage
• Irving Pulp and Paper Brown Stock Washing
• Irving Paper 6.9kV Bus Replacement