Spokane, Washington, USA 21 August 2018 -- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Clearwater Paper Corporation (NYSE: CLW) (the "Company") today announced the Company has sold its Ladysmith, Wis. facility to Dunn Paper, Inc. for approximately $72 million. The Company intends to use the net proceeds to help fund the expansion of our Shelby, N.C. facility and opportunistically pay down debt.
"In our Consumer Products business, our strategy is focused on network optimization to match the growing demand for the ultra-quality segments of the tissue category. As a result, we elected to sell our Ladysmith facility, which manufactures recycled paper and does not align with that strategy," said Linda K. Massman, president and chief executive officer.
"On behalf of Clearwater Paper, we sincerely thank the Ladysmith team for their hard work and commitment to providing our customers with high-quality products and services," said Massman.
Effective today, Ladysmith employees are now employees of Dunn Paper.
"Ladysmith is a critical piece of our strategic growth at Dunn," said Brent Earnshaw, chief executive officer of Dunn Paper. "The additional capacity at Ladysmith will enable faster growth in the specialty tissue/absorbent market and their recycled fiber source is well suited for a variety of applications within the Dunn portfolio."
ABOUT CLEARWATER PAPER
Clearwater Paper manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, parent roll tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters, and offers services that include custom sheeting, slitting and cutting. Clearwater Paper's employees build shareholder value by developing strong customer partnerships through quality and service.
ABOUT DUNN PAPER
Dunn Paper is a premier manufacturer of high-performance, advanced paper materials for lightweight technical food packaging and tissue products throughout North America. Dunn currently manufactures products at six locations across the Midwest, East Coast, and Ontario, Canada. Dunn Paper is a portfolio company of Arbor Investments, a Chicago-based private equity firm.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.