Click here for Pulp & Paper Radio International
The Paperitalo Library
Free Downloads
My Profile
Central National-Gottesman Acquires Turkish Paper Merchant

Purchase, New York, USA, 16 February 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Central National-Gottesman Inc. (CNG) today announced that its European subsidiary, Central National-Gottesman Europe GmbH, has acquired a 78% ownership interest in Korda Kagit Pazarlama ve Ticaret A.S. (Korda), one of Turkey's leading paper merchants. The other 22% of Korda will remain with Korab International Holding S.A. (Korab International).

"Central National has had a substantial and successful business relationship with Korda and Korab International for more than a decade," said Ken Wallach, chairman and chief executive of Central National-Gottesman Inc. "Korda has excellent management and a fine sales and support team, which has enabled the company to expand its operations while building a superb reputation for quality and service. We look forward to working closely with Korab International and the current management of Korda to support and grow Korda's position in the Turkish market. This acquisition reflects Central National's long-term strategy to expand its sales activities in strong and growing markets around the world."

Korda was founded in 1996 and is now one of the largest distributors of printing papers and packaging grades to the Turkish market. The company is headquartered in Istanbul, where it maintains a 10,500 square meter (113,000 square foot) warehouse and administrative offices. Korda also operates three additional regional warehouses, with locations in Ankara, Izmir, and Adana. For more information about Korda, visit www.korda.com.tr/eng.

Founded in 1886 and headquartered in Purchase, New York, Central National-Gottesman Inc. is a leading international marketer of pulp and paper. The company has sales offices in 26 U.S. cities and 22 countries worldwide, including eight in Europe. CNG operates several divisions, including Central National, a global provider of pulp, paper, and packaging, and Lindenmeyr, the largest independent paper merchant in the United States. CNG is committed to environmental sustainability and holds certifications from FSC, SFI, and PEFC. The company's sales of pulp and paper exceed USD 3.6 billion annually. To learn more, visit www.cng-inc.com.


Related Articles:

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: