Each issue of PaperMoney is approximately 500 fact filled pages.
Logout
Click here for Pulp & Paper Radio International
The Paperitalo Library
Free Downloads
Search
My Profile
Login
Management Side
Canfor Pulp Income Fund Reschedules Maintenance Shutdowns
Print
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 03 March 2010 -- (Marketwire) -- Canfor Pulp Income Fund (TSX:CFX.UN - News) announced today that Canfor Pulp Limited Partnership (the partnership) in which the fund has a 49.8% ownership, has moved its 2010 maintenance outage at the Prince George Pulp & Paper mill, previously planned for April, into the first quarter. This is being done to coincide with unplanned maintenance requiring the shutdown of the mill's recovery boiler.

The total duration of the shutdown of the boiler is expected to be approximately 20 days and the total reduced pulp production in the first quarter is expected to be approximately 15,000 metric tons, including the four days and 3600 metric tons previously scheduled for the April outage.

Operation of the paper machine during part of the shutdown period is expected to mitigate the financial effect of these outages to a reduction of EBITDA of approximately CAD 6 million in the first quarter, including an estimated CAD 2.5 million effect of the 2010 planned maintenance outage.

This additional maintenance outage is not expected to affect the level of distributions declared by the partnership or the fund.

The fund is an unincorporated, open-ended trust established under the laws of Ontario, created to indirectly acquire and hold an interest in the Canfor Pulp Limited Partnership. The fund indirectly holds a 49.8% interest in the Partnership with Canadian Forest Products Ltd. (a subsidiary of Canfor Corporation) holding the remaining 50.2% interest.For more information about Canfor Pulp Income Fund and the partnership, visit www.canforpulp.com.

 


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: