Each issue of PaperMoney is approximately 500 fact filled pages.
Logout
Click here for Pulp & Paper Radio International
Items just for you
New publication added! Advertising Arguments 2015 book
Free Downloads
Search
My Profile
Login
Management Side
Technical Side
Arauco and Klabin Acquire Brazilian Forestry Company
Print
Santiago, Chile, South America, 04 November 2011 -- Arauco today informed the Superintendency of Securities and Insurance (SVS) that the Brazilian corporation Centaurus Holding S.A., comprised by Arauco and forestry company Klabin, agreed to purchase 100% of the quotes of Brazilian company Florestal Vale do Corisco Ltda.
This transaction strengthens Arauco’s position in the Brazilian forestry sector and is an important step in the company’s internationalization process, which strongly emphasizes the export of talent, technology, and innovation.
Arauco Forest Brasil S.A., Arauco’s Brazilian subsidiary, will own 49% of the share capital of Centaurus Holding S.A., and Klabin S.A. will own the remaining 51%. Klabin S.A. is a Brazilian company whose shares are listed in the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange (Bovespa), and is one of the main companies in the Brazilian industrial forestry business.
Total price for 100% of Vale do Corisco amounts to USD 473,500,000. Payment will be made within this month, after certain conditions established in the contract have been fulfilled.
Vale do Corisco owns 107,000 hectares of land located in the state of Paraná, 63,000 of which are planted. These are located in a strategic area, where Arauco has forestry and industrial facilities in that area, which ensures the supply of quality wood and the development of future projects.


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: