Atlanta, Georgia, USA 23 July 2018 -- ARAUCO, a global producer of wood products, today announced the purchase of Panolam's industrial assets located in Albany, Oregon. The acquisition continues the expansion of the company's presence in the North American market.
The Panolam complex, which will be called Albany Treating and Lamination (ATL), is situated approximately 10 miles from ARAUCO's existing particleboard and TFL operations in Albany. The site includes two thermally fused lamination lines with an annual installed capacity of 120,000msf (212,000m3), as well as two impregnation lines and warehouse capacity.
"With this acquisition, we are executing on our strategic plan to strengthen our footprint within the decorative laminate market in North America and expand capabilities to service present and anticipated growing demand," said Kelly Shotbolt, President, ARAUCO North America. "These assets provide the perfect platform to increase lamination production, while adding a second impregnation site, complementing our existing impregnated paper site on the east coast. We are truly excited about adding this facility to the ARAUCO network of mills."
"We are very pleased with the many advantages of this investment," said Jake Elston, ARAUCO VP of Operations. "It not only helps us serve a growing marketplace, but also brings new team members and manufacturing capabilities to our group that will strengthen our western region business model."
"We look forward to the new opportunities this acquisition will provide to our customers," said Kevin Shotbolt, ARAUCO Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "The synergies between these two Albany, Oregon based sites, will allow us to continue with our strategic plan of providing additional TFL laminated panels, and improved service model."
Along with the acquisition, ARAUCO and Panolam have signed a commercial agreement whereby ARAUCO will manufacture Panolam branded TFL to support west and southern United States customers.
ARAUCO is a global producer of wood products supplying pulp, lumber, plywood, composite panels, and molding for architecture, design, construction, packaging and remodeling applications. The acquisition of manufacturing plants in the United States and Canada, and recently in Mexico, Europe and South Africa, has established the company as the second largest producer worldwide, reaching a capacity of 10.3 million m3. Further information: www.arauco-na.com
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.