Stockholm, Sweden 30 August 2018 -- Ahlstrom-Munksjö will invest EUR 21 million in its Coated Specialties business to improve capabilities and flexibility at its Jacarei plant in Brazil and better serve customers in South America with a broader offering.
The project is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2019, and will expand the site's capabilities of coating and calendering on the paper machine. It will allow Ahlstrom-Munksjö to offer more efficient, high-quality on-line coated products to its customer in the areas of self-adhesive and wet glue labeling, flexible packaging and sublimation printing. Demand growth for high value-added coated specialty papers has been robust in the region during past years.
The upgrade of the production line will also improve the company's flexibility to deliver a wider range of product trims, better matching the needs of its customers. Additionally, it will open up further innovation opportunities in existing and new product areas. The benefit of the investment includes an improved product mix and increased production efficiency.
"The investment shows our long-term commitment to the South American market and our ambition to maintain a leading position in coated specialty papers. This allows us to better serve our customers, continuing to grow with them by developing sustainable and value added fiber-based solutions," says Daniele Borlatto, Executive Vice President, Industrial Solutions.
"The project represents the latest step in the journey to reinforce our position in Brazil" says Valmir Piton, Vice President, Coated Specialties, and Country Manager, Brazil. In April, Ahlstrom-Munksjö agreed to acquire MD Papéis' Caieiras specialty paper mill, located in the vicinity of Jacareì, in the Sao Paulo area. Following the acquisition, Ahlstrom-Munksjö's presence in Brazil will comprise three operating plants, all near Sao Paolo, employing over 700 persons and with revenues of approximately of EUR 200 million.
Coated Specialties business is part of the Industrial Solutions business area, producing a wide range of products and materials often used in manufacturing and production processes, such as abrasive backings, electrotechnical insulation papers, coated label and flexible packaging papers, release liners and specialty pulp.
Ahlstrom-Munksjö in brief
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics. Combined annual net sales are about EUR 2.2 billion and we employ 6,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm. Read more at www.ahlstrom-munksjo.com.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.